Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A CONTRARIAN

lyrics by Stan C. Countz

If the herd is runnin’ one way
I wanna turn around and run the other
If they’re all foldin’, somethin’ makes me stay
If they’re holdin’, I wanna run for cover

Guess you could say… I’m a contrarian
It don’t take a great librarian
To look up the meanin’
I just look at which way
The crowd is leanin’
And run the other way
Guess you could say…I’m a contrarian

If everyone is standin’, all of sudden I just wanna sit
But when I’m feelin’ abandoned, I never wanna quit
If the lemmings are all jumping off the top of the cliff
Don’t mean that you and me have to do it, now does it?

Not if we’re a contrarian…
If they say “stay single”
We wanna marry ‘em
If they say “have it natural”

We want a Ceasarian
If they say “let him fall”
All of a sudden, we wanna carry him
If they say “he’s OK”
We wanna bury him

It don’t take a great librarian
To look up the meanin’
We just look at which way
The crowd is leanin’
And run the other way

If the shoe fits, it don’t mean
you have to wear it
Sometimes you just have to
Grin and bear it

But if you see any semblance
If you see a resemblance
You just may be
A contrarian
I just hope that you don’t marry one

‘Cuz if you do, I’m gonna tell ya the truth
Your ride is gonna be a scary one
‘Cuz it aint’ easy to be
Married to a contrarian

No comments: